Growing Stronger Abroad +++ Germany and Shanghai +++ Hari and Marina +++ Absolutely Intercultural 243 +++

This show is about growing stronger overseas. Maybe you’ve always dreamed about a new life or modifying your old one? You will hear about two students who used their time abroad to reinvent themselves and discover how they managed this change with SMART goals. You will be surprised how these students spent most of their energy.

Harigautham Somasundaram, from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras, spent a semester at RheinAhrCampus, Germany, doing an academic internship. He explains how he moulded a new personality using a technique he learned in Germany – SMART goals. Marina, from Germany, shares her personal transformation in China. Initially, she was too scared to order food from a restaurant in China, but by the end, she was exploring the Chinese country-side far away from the trodden paths of regular tourists.

absolutely social

In the first category, you will learn why Hari spent only 25% of his energy on the classroom, and why on earth the other 75% went to his social life.

absolutely stronger

In the second category, Marina explains why she is not the same person anymore. Imagine how difficult the language barrier must be in a country like China, where small, everyday tasks, like ordering from a menu or finding goods in the supermarket become a struggle.

absolutely new

In our final category, Hari explains how liberating it can be starting a new life and experimenting abroad.

Thank you for joining today’s show. Please share your points of view on how you are experimenting with your life during your stays abroad but make sure that your mother is not subscribed to our podcast.

Did you know we are also on iTunes? You can subscribe for free and give us a rating and a comment.

Our next show is coming to you from Anne Fox in Denmark on 01 November 2019.

Until then –

Bleiben Sie absolut interkulturell!

The host of this show is: Dr. Laurent Borgmann

Editors: Vitor Lima and Kalvin Mitchell




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *